Import LLDPE film prices move below $1100/ton in SE Asia
A bag manufacturer in Vietnam reported that he received an LLDPE film offer for a Saudi origin at $1080/ton CIF, cash. “Demand for our end products is slower compared to last year. We expect to see additional reductions on import PE offers in the days ahead due to limited demand,” the converter commented.
A second buyer in Vietnam also reported that he was offered Middle Eastern LLDPE film at $1080/ton with the same terms. He stated, “We are not willing to make a fresh purchase at the moment as we find new purchases to be risky while prices are following a steadily declining trend.”
In Southeast Asia, overall import LLDPE film prices are currently reported at $1080-1150/ton on a CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis. According to data from ChemOrbis Price Index, average import LLDPE prices are currently standing at their lowest levels since July 2010.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Early reactions to Turkey’s dumping case on Saudi Arabian LDPE
- October PET deals concluded with moderate increases in Europe
- Will it be supply or demand to set PP, PE outlook in Europe?
- Premium of HDPE over LLDPE hits 16-month high in Turkey
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November