Import LLDPE film prices move below $1100/ton in SE Asia
A bag manufacturer in Vietnam reported that he received an LLDPE film offer for a Saudi origin at $1080/ton CIF, cash. “Demand for our end products is slower compared to last year. We expect to see additional reductions on import PE offers in the days ahead due to limited demand,” the converter commented.
A second buyer in Vietnam also reported that he was offered Middle Eastern LLDPE film at $1080/ton with the same terms. He stated, “We are not willing to make a fresh purchase at the moment as we find new purchases to be risky while prices are following a steadily declining trend.”
In Southeast Asia, overall import LLDPE film prices are currently reported at $1080-1150/ton on a CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis. According to data from ChemOrbis Price Index, average import LLDPE prices are currently standing at their lowest levels since July 2010.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- March PE expectations in Turkey weighed by new capacities, cooling demand
- PP prices hit 4-year low in China as demand remains minimal
- Taiwanese major’s March PVC offers to Asia up despite virus fears
- Virus-impacted demand inflicts toll on Vietnam's PE market
- HDPE fails to track firmer trend of LD, LLDPE in Europe
- China’s ABS market on soft path dragged by subdued demand
- Softening trend prevails in SEA PP market as virus fears dampen sentiment
- Chinese producers cut PET offers further amid coronavirus outbreak
- Oil and petchem companies’ earnings hit by falling margins in 2019
- Will February PP hikes prove workable in Europe?