Import LLDPE film prices move below $1100/ton in SE Asia
A bag manufacturer in Vietnam reported that he received an LLDPE film offer for a Saudi origin at $1080/ton CIF, cash. “Demand for our end products is slower compared to last year. We expect to see additional reductions on import PE offers in the days ahead due to limited demand,” the converter commented.
A second buyer in Vietnam also reported that he was offered Middle Eastern LLDPE film at $1080/ton with the same terms. He stated, “We are not willing to make a fresh purchase at the moment as we find new purchases to be risky while prices are following a steadily declining trend.”
In Southeast Asia, overall import LLDPE film prices are currently reported at $1080-1150/ton on a CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis. According to data from ChemOrbis Price Index, average import LLDPE prices are currently standing at their lowest levels since July 2010.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Bullish price environment continues in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Unexpected plant shutdown fails to cease local PP downturn in Indonesia
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?
- Caution reigns China PP market amid scant demand, low import supply
- Major producer leads way in higher April PP, PE pricing in Saudi Arabia
- European PVC set to rise for 11th month in April
- Suez Canal blockage: Global shipping faces another challenge
- Aggressive PP offers from China continue to find way to Turkey, Vietnam
- Stats: China’s total PE imports in Jan-Feb hit fresh record high