Import LLDPE film prices move below $1100/ton in SE Asia
A bag manufacturer in Vietnam reported that he received an LLDPE film offer for a Saudi origin at $1080/ton CIF, cash. “Demand for our end products is slower compared to last year. We expect to see additional reductions on import PE offers in the days ahead due to limited demand,” the converter commented.
A second buyer in Vietnam also reported that he was offered Middle Eastern LLDPE film at $1080/ton with the same terms. He stated, “We are not willing to make a fresh purchase at the moment as we find new purchases to be risky while prices are following a steadily declining trend.”
In Southeast Asia, overall import LLDPE film prices are currently reported at $1080-1150/ton on a CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis. According to data from ChemOrbis Price Index, average import LLDPE prices are currently standing at their lowest levels since July 2010.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET prices weaken further in Asia and Mediterranean
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low