Import PE cargoes in China shifted to Vietnam
A converter in Vietnam said he received an import Brazilian HDPE film offer, shifted from China, at a level close to the low end of the overall import range in Southeast Asia. “We are sidelined from the market until the end of May and our end product demand is regular. Now that Chinese sellers are trying to shift their cargoes to Vietnam, this is a strong indication of how their own market is performing,” commented the converter.
A regional trader also affirmed that there are lots of HDPE film offers for re-exported cargoes in Vietnam from China. “This may be interpreted to mean that the upturn has come to a halt,” he opined.
On the other hand, spot ethylene prices continue to trade at almost the same levels with PE in the region, as can be seen from the graph below. “This is a rather unbalanced situation. Considering the return of crackers, the May outlook is not strong for ethylene. Ethylene and PE markets will need to correct themselves,” said a market player.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Styrene prices sink to multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- European PET posts double-digit decreases for October
- PVC downturn gains pace in Asia on Taiwanese major’s larger-than expected drop
- Asian spot propylene regains premium over ethylene for first time since 2013
- Import LDPE, LLDPE prices almost back at par with ethylene in China
- Turkish players voice early PP, PE expectations for November
- Thin buying cushions impact of PVC shutdowns across Europe
- China’s PP market makes a strong start to post-holiday period
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread narrows to 3-year low
- Local PVC markets plunge in India, Southeast Asia