Import PE offers from Mid-East emerge for Nov in Nigeria
A Saudi producer’s PE prices stand at $1250/ton for LLDPE film and $1310-1320/ton for LDPE film CFR Lagos, cash, down by $50/ton and $60/ton respectively compared to the October levels. A different Saudi producer, meanwhile, is offering HDPE film with $70/ton decreases from last month at $1230/ton with the same terms.
A distributor opined, “ELEME has large stocks of PE, which forced them to apply rollovers while they applied increases on PP grades. They are delivering smoothly to the market. Moreover, demand has started to improve in line with the high season that usually starts in November and last until May.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops
- Tight supply keeps expectations bullish in Turkey’s PVC market
- End of China’s ‘zero-COVID’ stance: Double-edged sword for Asia PVC, PP and PE markets
- Mid-Eastern sellers approach China, SE Asia and Turkey with firmer PP, PE prices for Jan
- Egypt’s local PE, PP markets head north as pound plunges to new low
- Styrenics markets reverse slump after months-long downtrend in Europe