Import PE offers stable, PP up for Aug to Nigeria
The overall range for the suppliers’ new offers to Nigeria stand at $1300-1310/ton for LDPE film, at $1180/ton for LLDPE film and at $1180-1200/ton for HDPE film and at $1180-1190/ton for PP raffia and inj., all on CFR Lagos, cash basis.
“Demand is weak as the economy is not performing well. Volatile exchanges rates also cause buyers to adopt a cautious stance. ExxonMobil is not offering PP for a second consecutive month and PP supplies from the overseas suppliers are not ample, hence their prices have increased after demand improved in Asia. I think ELEME will also issue increases when demand improves,” commented the trader.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF
- Asian PVC players brace for 7th straight monthly hike in Taiwanese major’s delayed Dec offers
- Saudi major seeks hikes for November in global PE, PP markets
- Bullish sentiment for PE cools off across globe, LD remains resilient
- Bullish run for PVC enters 6th month in Turkey: Supply relief under question