Import PE offers stable, PP up for Aug to Nigeria
The overall range for the suppliers’ new offers to Nigeria stand at $1300-1310/ton for LDPE film, at $1180/ton for LLDPE film and at $1180-1200/ton for HDPE film and at $1180-1190/ton for PP raffia and inj., all on CFR Lagos, cash basis.
“Demand is weak as the economy is not performing well. Volatile exchanges rates also cause buyers to adopt a cautious stance. ExxonMobil is not offering PP for a second consecutive month and PP supplies from the overseas suppliers are not ample, hence their prices have increased after demand improved in Asia. I think ELEME will also issue increases when demand improves,” commented the trader.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets