Import PE offers stable, PP up for Aug to Nigeria
The overall range for the suppliers’ new offers to Nigeria stand at $1300-1310/ton for LDPE film, at $1180/ton for LLDPE film and at $1180-1200/ton for HDPE film and at $1180-1190/ton for PP raffia and inj., all on CFR Lagos, cash basis.
“Demand is weak as the economy is not performing well. Volatile exchanges rates also cause buyers to adopt a cautious stance. ExxonMobil is not offering PP for a second consecutive month and PP supplies from the overseas suppliers are not ample, hence their prices have increased after demand improved in Asia. I think ELEME will also issue increases when demand improves,” commented the trader.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure
- Stats: China’s total PE imports down for 2nd month in November