Import PE prices emerge for August in SE Asia
A bag manufacturer in Indonesia received August PE offers for a South Korean origin with $10/ton increases when compared to July at $1240/ton for LDPE film and at $1140/ton for LLDPE film on CIF, cash basis.
“Sellers are reluctant to give any discounts on their new offer levels while we are planning to secure some material for August shipment. Meanwhile, traders operating in the local market have also started to stand firm on their offers recently,” the buyer commented.
A Malaysian converter reported that he was offered PE for August shipment by a Saudi Arabian supplier with rollovers from July at $1060/ton for LLDPE film and at $1200/ton for mLLDPE c6 on CIF, cash basis. He said, “We are planning to buy some material from the supplier as we found their offers to be attractive when compared to the prevailing prices in the market.”
As for HDPE film, the buyer received an August offer from a Middle Eastern supplier at $1110/ton CIF Malaysia, cash. He said, “We are still waiting for the supplier’s response to our bid at $1080/ton. Suppliers are standing firm on their offers for August, refraining from giving any discounts. We feel that PE prices are likely to stabilize soon.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China boosts polymer imports from US again despite shrinking overall imports in 2022
- Asian PVC prices cautiously rebound from more than 2-year lows
- Freight rates near pre-Covid levels as pace of normalization accelerates
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December