Import PE prices emerge for August in SE Asia
A bag manufacturer in Indonesia received August PE offers for a South Korean origin with $10/ton increases when compared to July at $1240/ton for LDPE film and at $1140/ton for LLDPE film on CIF, cash basis.
“Sellers are reluctant to give any discounts on their new offer levels while we are planning to secure some material for August shipment. Meanwhile, traders operating in the local market have also started to stand firm on their offers recently,” the buyer commented.
A Malaysian converter reported that he was offered PE for August shipment by a Saudi Arabian supplier with rollovers from July at $1060/ton for LLDPE film and at $1200/ton for mLLDPE c6 on CIF, cash basis. He said, “We are planning to buy some material from the supplier as we found their offers to be attractive when compared to the prevailing prices in the market.”
As for HDPE film, the buyer received an August offer from a Middle Eastern supplier at $1110/ton CIF Malaysia, cash. He said, “We are still waiting for the supplier’s response to our bid at $1080/ton. Suppliers are standing firm on their offers for August, refraining from giving any discounts. We feel that PE prices are likely to stabilize soon.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East