Import PE prices end the week on a soft note in China
Another trader said that they received offers for Middle Eastern LLDPE film at $1220/ton CIF, cash and offers for Iranian LDPE film at $1350/ton CIF, 90 days. “LLDPE and LDPE prices came down around $10-30/ton at the end of the week, but buyers are mostly keeping to the sidelines as they believe further discounts could materialize next week. Local prices also came down and are providing a competitive alternative to import cargoes,” the trader stated.
Import offers for both dutiable and non-dutiable origins were reported at $1300-1410/ton for LDPE film, $1200-1390/ton for LLDPE film and at $1280-1390/ton for HDPE film, all on a CFR China, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount