Import PE prices end the week on a soft note in China
Another trader said that they received offers for Middle Eastern LLDPE film at $1220/ton CIF, cash and offers for Iranian LDPE film at $1350/ton CIF, 90 days. “LLDPE and LDPE prices came down around $10-30/ton at the end of the week, but buyers are mostly keeping to the sidelines as they believe further discounts could materialize next week. Local prices also came down and are providing a competitive alternative to import cargoes,” the trader stated.
Import offers for both dutiable and non-dutiable origins were reported at $1300-1410/ton for LDPE film, $1200-1390/ton for LLDPE film and at $1280-1390/ton for HDPE film, all on a CFR China, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns