Import PE prices in China lose ground
A trader stated, “Persistently weak demand is weighing down the PE market. Buyers are only sourcing small amounts in order to cover their immediate needs. Local prices are also down this week.” The trader’s import PE prices are now standing at $1110/ton for Saudi LDPE film, at $1070/ton for Middle Eastern LLDPE film and at $1100-1120/ton for Saudi and Iranian HDPE film, all on a CIF China, cash basis.
Import prices currently stand at $1110-1210/ton for LDPE film, at $1070-1140/ton for LLDPE film and at $1100-1210/ton for HDPE film, all on a CFR China, cash equivalent basis. According to ChemOrbis Price Index, the low ends of the overall PE ranges retreated by $40/ton for LDPE film and by $30/ton for LLDPE film when compared to last week.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Early reactions to Turkey’s dumping case on Saudi Arabian LDPE
- October PET deals concluded with moderate increases in Europe
- Will it be supply or demand to set PP, PE outlook in Europe?
- Premium of HDPE over LLDPE hits 16-month high in Turkey
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November