Import PE prices in China lose ground
A trader stated, “Persistently weak demand is weighing down the PE market. Buyers are only sourcing small amounts in order to cover their immediate needs. Local prices are also down this week.” The trader’s import PE prices are now standing at $1110/ton for Saudi LDPE film, at $1070/ton for Middle Eastern LLDPE film and at $1100-1120/ton for Saudi and Iranian HDPE film, all on a CIF China, cash basis.
Import prices currently stand at $1110-1210/ton for LDPE film, at $1070-1140/ton for LLDPE film and at $1100-1210/ton for HDPE film, all on a CFR China, cash equivalent basis. According to ChemOrbis Price Index, the low ends of the overall PE ranges retreated by $40/ton for LDPE film and by $30/ton for LLDPE film when compared to last week.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PVC offers resurface at competitive levels in Egypt, Turkey
- China import PE prices extend losses into April on lower costs
- Bullish price environment continues in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Unexpected plant shutdown fails to cease local PP downturn in Indonesia
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?
- Caution reigns China PP market amid scant demand, low import supply
- Major producer leads way in higher April PP, PE pricing in Saudi Arabia
- European PVC set to rise for 11th month in April
- Suez Canal blockage: Global shipping faces another challenge