Import PE prices in China lose ground
A trader stated, “Persistently weak demand is weighing down the PE market. Buyers are only sourcing small amounts in order to cover their immediate needs. Local prices are also down this week.” The trader’s import PE prices are now standing at $1110/ton for Saudi LDPE film, at $1070/ton for Middle Eastern LLDPE film and at $1100-1120/ton for Saudi and Iranian HDPE film, all on a CIF China, cash basis.
Import prices currently stand at $1110-1210/ton for LDPE film, at $1070-1140/ton for LLDPE film and at $1100-1210/ton for HDPE film, all on a CFR China, cash equivalent basis. According to ChemOrbis Price Index, the low ends of the overall PE ranges retreated by $40/ton for LDPE film and by $30/ton for LLDPE film when compared to last week.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets