Import PE prices in China witness additional drops
A trader operating in Shanghai reported, “PE prices continue to follow a softer path in China as buyers are sticking to the sidelines in anticipation of seeing lower levels.” A second trader based in Guangzhou added, “Sentiment is weak given declining futures prices. We are taking a cautious stance and are delaying our purchases for now.”
In China, overall import PE prices currently stand at $1270-1350/ton for LDPE film, at $1190-1260/ton for LLDPE film and at $1270-1320/ton for HDPE film, all on a CIF, cash equivalent basis.
Meanwhile, data from ChemOrbis Price Index shows that import LDPE and HDPE film prices on a CIF China basis are currently standing at their lowest levels since the end of March while import LLDPE film prices with the same terms have declined to their lowest levels since mid-February.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET prices weaken further in Asia and Mediterranean
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low