Import PE prices in China witness additional drops
A trader operating in Shanghai reported, “PE prices continue to follow a softer path in China as buyers are sticking to the sidelines in anticipation of seeing lower levels.” A second trader based in Guangzhou added, “Sentiment is weak given declining futures prices. We are taking a cautious stance and are delaying our purchases for now.”
In China, overall import PE prices currently stand at $1270-1350/ton for LDPE film, at $1190-1260/ton for LLDPE film and at $1270-1320/ton for HDPE film, all on a CIF, cash equivalent basis.
Meanwhile, data from ChemOrbis Price Index shows that import LDPE and HDPE film prices on a CIF China basis are currently standing at their lowest levels since the end of March while import LLDPE film prices with the same terms have declined to their lowest levels since mid-February.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Indian PVC players expect bullish trend to taper off for August
- Local PP, PE offers for July track global uptrend in Saudi Arabia
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?