Import PE prices in China witness additional drops
A trader operating in Shanghai reported, “PE prices continue to follow a softer path in China as buyers are sticking to the sidelines in anticipation of seeing lower levels.” A second trader based in Guangzhou added, “Sentiment is weak given declining futures prices. We are taking a cautious stance and are delaying our purchases for now.”
In China, overall import PE prices currently stand at $1270-1350/ton for LDPE film, at $1190-1260/ton for LLDPE film and at $1270-1320/ton for HDPE film, all on a CIF, cash equivalent basis.
Meanwhile, data from ChemOrbis Price Index shows that import LDPE and HDPE film prices on a CIF China basis are currently standing at their lowest levels since the end of March while import LLDPE film prices with the same terms have declined to their lowest levels since mid-February.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open post-Eid period with a cautious tone
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?