Import PE prices slide in China, further decreases awaited
A trader reported receiving offers for Saudi Arabian LLDPE film at $1170/ton CFR, 90 days as well as an offer for Canadian LLDPE at $1170/ton CFR, cash. “LLDPE prices are down around $10-40/ton compared with the start of the week, although buyers are hesitant as most players anticipate further decreases,” the trader commented.
Another trader said that they received an offer for Brazilian LDPE film at $1190/ton CIF, 90 days. “LDPE prices are down around $10-20/ton from the start of the week due to softer upstream costs and the strong dollar. We expect further downward movement in LDPE prices as LDPE demand is not as robust as demand for other PE products,” the trader stated.
A third trader said that they purchased some Iranian material at $1200/ton for HDPE blow moulding and at $1250/ton for HDPE film, both on a CFR, 90 days deferred payment basis. “Demand is not very encouraging, but we sourced some cargoes to cover our needs. We are mostly doing back to back business these days,” the trader reported.
Import prices for both dutiable and non-dutiable cargoes were reported at $1170-1280/ton for LDPE film, $1150-1230/ton for LLDPE film and at $1210-1270/ton for HDPE film, all on a CFR China, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem