Import PE sentiment improves further in SE Asia amidst firmer China
A source from a producer commented, “The sales of August shipment cargoes to Southeast Asia were well and the sentiment in the region became better after the firming in China. We think PE prices will remain firm in August as China seems to find support from the ban on the imports of scrap plastics and firm ethylene prices.”
Another Indonesian trader noted, “Although the overall demand is still slow in Indonesia, we think buyers will start giving bids nowadays as the firming in China reflects into Southeast Asia.”
A Singaporean trader said, “Indonesian and Thai markets will find support from firmer crude oil and ethylene prices as well as the uptrend in China. Plus, demand in Indonesia is slowly improving in line with Christmas preparations.”
A Malaysian trader stated, “We think it is time to secure cargoes gradually as PE prices may remain firm in line with China.”
In Southeast Asia, import PE prices are currently reported at $1120-1140/ton for HDPE film, at $1230-1320/ton for LDPE film and at $1090-1150/ton for LLDPE film, all on CIF SEA, cash basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem