Import PET moves below $1100/ton CIF threshold in Turkey
The overall range for export PET bottle prices from China was last reported at $1030-1150/ton FOB, cash.
Buyers are sidelined to see fresh decreases as they assume that the bearish trend will remain in place next month, pointing to the lower crude oil prices. A player admitted, “Players are holding their purchases as they expect prices to hit the $1000/ton threshold.”
In the import market, the overall ranges for Chinese PET stood at $1080-1125/ton CIF Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs and 6.4% additional duty, cash, down by a weekly $30/ton on the low end. Although PET offers below the abovementioned levels were heard for the same origin, they were not confirmed by the majority of the participants at the time of press.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Vietnam’s polymer markets buckle under an influx of Chinese cargoes
- Divergence grows between Egypt’s import and local PP, PE markets
- PP markets in China, Vietnam hit 3-year lows, readying to test new lows
- African PE, PP markets extend slide into May
- Asian PS, ABS markets at 2½-3-year lows amid Chinese oversupply
- India’s Q1 PVC imports hit record-high; did buyers rush to stock up before expected restrictions?
- LDPE prices move below LLDPE, HDPE on global lethargy
- Slide deepens in Middle Eastern PP, PE markets through May
- Oil prices down for fourth straight week, delicate balance ahead
- European ABS under pressure from aggressive imports, PS holds firm