Import PET prices firm up in Turkey
Import origins subject to 6.5% customs duty formed an overall range of $930-960/ton CFR Turkey, subject to 6.65% additional duty, cash. This ranges, which includes Chinese and Middle Eastern cargos, rose $30-40/ton week over week. Meanwhile, duty free Malaysian cargos were priced $30-35/ton above last week at $970/ton subject to 6.65% additional duty.
Upstream, NYMEX crude oil futures indicated an increase of more than $3/bbl over the week to move above the $45/bbl threshold. Spot PX prices on an FOB South Korea basis and spot PTA costs on a CFR China basis inched up week over week. MEG prices, meanwhile, were down $30/ton on a CFR China basis over the same period.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia