Import PET prices firm up in Turkey
Import origins subject to 6.5% customs duty formed an overall range of $930-960/ton CFR Turkey, subject to 6.65% additional duty, cash. This ranges, which includes Chinese and Middle Eastern cargos, rose $30-40/ton week over week. Meanwhile, duty free Malaysian cargos were priced $30-35/ton above last week at $970/ton subject to 6.65% additional duty.
Upstream, NYMEX crude oil futures indicated an increase of more than $3/bbl over the week to move above the $45/bbl threshold. Spot PX prices on an FOB South Korea basis and spot PTA costs on a CFR China basis inched up week over week. MEG prices, meanwhile, were down $30/ton on a CFR China basis over the same period.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs
- China gears up for new PP start-ups in H2 2019