Import PP, PE offers for Dec emerge in South Africa, Nigeria
He stated that the latest offers reflected the global bearish trend and added that they are expecting further reductions in the upcoming days.
In Nigeria, a distributed reported that a different Saudi producer announced its December offers at $1120/ton for LDPE film, $1180/ton for HDPE film and $1050/ton for LLDPE c4 film, all on CFR Lagos, cash basis.
The distributor also reported receiving HDPE film offers from a South Korean supplier with $30/ton decreases at $1380/ton as well as new PP offers from an Indian producer at $1250/ton for PPBC inj., and $1200/ton for PP inj. and raffia, with the same terms.
“Demand has slightly improved as players started securing their needs ahead of the Christmas holidays,” the source noted.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Türkiye’s PP and PE markets extend losses into June, liquidity issues persist
- PP, PE already back to 2020 lows in China; prices poised for further drops
- Local PE prices remain bearish, nearing multi-year lows across SE Asia
- European PP, PE buyers sideline ahead of further drops in June
- China’s April PE imports fall to around 1 million tons, lowest since 2018
- Vietnam’s polymer markets buckle under an influx of Chinese cargoes
- Divergence grows between Egypt’s import and local PP, PE markets
- PP markets in China, Vietnam hit 3-year lows, readying to test new lows
- African PE, PP markets extend slide into May
- Asian PS, ABS markets at 2½-3-year lows amid Chinese oversupply