Import PP, PE offers from Mid-East surface in Kenya, Tanzania for Oct
A Saudi major approached the both markets with increases of $30-50/ton for PP raffia and injection, $20-50/ton for LDPE and $30/ton for HDPE film. The producer applied larger increases of $70/ton on LLDPE c4 film and $60/ton on HDPE b/m prices.
Accordingly, the major’s October prices stand at $1190-1220/ton for PP raffia and inj., $1300-1320/ton for LDPE film, $1200-1250/ton for HDPE film, $1250/ton for LLDPE film and at $1210/ton for HDPE b/m, all on CFR Mombasa, Kenya, 90 days basis and on CFR Dar es Salam, United Republic of Tanzania, 90 days basis.
A different Saudi producer also raised its prices to Kenya and Tanzania. It applied $65/ton hikes on its LDPE film offers to bring their prices to $1355/ton with the same terms. The producer’s HDPE b/m prices stand at $1190/ton with the same terms.
A Qatari producer raised its LDPE film prices by $30/ton both to Kenya and Tanzania. Accordingly, the producer is currently offering at $1320/ton for LDPE film and at $1240/ton for LLDPE film.
A distributor based in Kenya reported, “Players started to engage in fresh purchases following the most recent election, which kept demand sluggish. Now that elections are over, players are returning to the market. However, we think that the presidential elections to take place on October 26 will also take its toll on demand in the near term.”
A buyer also noted that the market is generally slow amidst the reiterated elections, which is hampering sales activities in Kenya. He also said, “Supplies are limited; however, this doesn’t have a huge impact as demand is mostly muted.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe