Import PP, PE prices for Nov revealed in Kenya and Nigeria
A Saudi major approached the Kenyan market with decreases of $10-30/ton for PE grades, while the producer’s prices for PP prices were unchanged from October.
Accordingly, the Saudi major’s new offers to Kenya currently stand at $1300/ton for PP inj. and raffia, $1330/ton for PP film, $1340/ton for HDPE film, $1250/ton for LDPE film, and $1160-1170/ton for LLDPE c4 film, all on CFR Mombasa, Kenya, 90 days basis.
"Our end business demand slightly improved while the overall trading activity remains below average," a source stated.
In Nigeria, a trader reported receiving new PP and PE offers from a South Korean supplier at $1300/ton for PP inj. and raffia, $1340/ton for PPBC inj., $1220/ton for HDPE Film, $1180-1200/ton for LDPE film, and $1120/ton for LLDPE c4 film, all on CFR Lagos, cash basis.
The source stated that the PE market has remained slow whereas the PP market has been faring better and added that they are waiting to receive new offers from the Middle Eastern producers.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high