Import PP, PE prices for Oct revealed in Kenya
Two distributors reported receiving new offers for October from a Saudi major with rollovers to decreases of $10/ton compared to their latest levels.
Accordingly, the Saudi major’s new offers to Kenya currently stand at $1300-1340/ton for HDPE film, $1300/ton for PP inj. and raffia, $1280/ton for LDPE film, and $1170/ton for LLDPE c4 film, all on CFR Mombasa, Kenya, 90 days basis.
Meanwhile, an Indian producer announced its PP raffia and inj. offers to Kenya at $1330/ton, with the same terms.
"Demand is very low and we will not engage in fresh purchases as we are using our stocks left from the previous month," commented one of the distributors.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high