Import PP prices see fresh drops in China: trader
The trader reported receiving PP raffia and injection offers for Indian origins at $1200/ton on a CIF China, 30 days deferred payment basis. For PP block copolymer, they were offered Thai origins at $1240/ton and West European origins at $1270/ton, both on a CIF, 90 days deferred payment basis.
“We are not in a hurry to replenish our stocks as demand is limited ahead of the holiday. Plus, we feel that PPBC offers are still high,” the trader commented.
In China, import PP prices currently stand at $1194-1265/ton for raffia, at $1194-1270/ton for injection and at $1222-1415/ton for PP block copolymer, all on a CIF China, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East