Import PP prices see fresh drops in China: trader
The trader reported receiving PP raffia and injection offers for Indian origins at $1200/ton on a CIF China, 30 days deferred payment basis. For PP block copolymer, they were offered Thai origins at $1240/ton and West European origins at $1270/ton, both on a CIF, 90 days deferred payment basis.
“We are not in a hurry to replenish our stocks as demand is limited ahead of the holiday. Plus, we feel that PPBC offers are still high,” the trader commented.
In China, import PP prices currently stand at $1194-1265/ton for raffia, at $1194-1270/ton for injection and at $1222-1415/ton for PP block copolymer, all on a CIF China, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe