Import PP prices see further losses in China
A second trader reported receiving Indian homo-PP prices at $1190/ton CIF, cash. “Domestic coal based cargoes are offered at an import parity of around $1160/ton, so prices remain under downward pressure and we believe that the market still has room to come down,” the trader stated.
Import homo-PP injection and raffia cargoes came down $10-40/ton on the week to be quoted at $1145-1240/ton CFR China, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount
- Bearish trend persists in July for PP, PE in Mid-East, Africa
- Vietnam’s PE market sees first hike attempts after two months
- PET prices in Turkey and Egypt recover from two-year lows