Import PP raffia prices sink below $900/ton in China
The trader commented, “Import PP prices continue to decrease in the face of persistently weak demand amidst sufficient supplies stemming from the addition of new coal based capacities. We continue to receive offers from suppliers; however we are only purchasing small amounts from our regular supplier in order to maintain our relationship.” He highlighted that the recent losses in crude oil prices have also pushed buyers to the sidelines while PP futures prices on the Dalian Commodity Exchange witnessed a visible drop of CNY187/ton ($29/ton) on a daily basis on November 13.
Import homo-PP raffia prices are currently reported at $887-970/ton on a CFR China, cash equivalent basis. According to data from ChemOrbis Price Index, the range suggests the lowest levels seen since 2009.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect