Import PP raffia prices sink below $900/ton in China
The trader commented, “Import PP prices continue to decrease in the face of persistently weak demand amidst sufficient supplies stemming from the addition of new coal based capacities. We continue to receive offers from suppliers; however we are only purchasing small amounts from our regular supplier in order to maintain our relationship.” He highlighted that the recent losses in crude oil prices have also pushed buyers to the sidelines while PP futures prices on the Dalian Commodity Exchange witnessed a visible drop of CNY187/ton ($29/ton) on a daily basis on November 13.
Import homo-PP raffia prices are currently reported at $887-970/ton on a CFR China, cash equivalent basis. According to data from ChemOrbis Price Index, the range suggests the lowest levels seen since 2009.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?
- Caution reigns China PP market amid scant demand, low import supply
- Major producer leads way in higher April PP, PE pricing in Saudi Arabia
- European PVC set to rise for 11th month in April
- Suez Canal blockage: Global shipping faces another challenge
- Aggressive PP offers from China continue to find way to Turkey, Vietnam
- Stats: China’s total PE imports in Jan-Feb hit fresh record high
- PVC buyers’ resistance to sharp April hikes grows in SE Asia
- European PS sentiment cools off on styrene correction; ABS remains unfazed