Import PPBC prices face downward pressure in China
A Ningbo-based trader who received PPBC prices at $1330/ton CFR, cash for a Malaysian origin and at $1330/ton CFR, 90 days basis for a Saudi origin commented, “PP block copolymer prices are being weighed down by stagnant demand as well as competitively-prices local coal based PP materials.”
Import PPBC prices for both dutiable and non-dutiable origins decreased $10-40/ton week over week to be currently reported at $1310-1470/ton on a CFR China, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?