Import PPBC prices post steep declines in China
A trader based in Hong Kong reported receiving an offer for Thai PP block copolymer at $900/ton CFR, cash. “PPBC prices have seen steep declines this week and are now trading close to par with homo-PP prices. Most buyers are meeting their needs from the domestic market rather than the import market these days owing to the strong dollar. We believe that PP prices still have room to decline given the comfortable gap between spot propylene and PP prices,” the trader stated.
Another trader added, “We have heard rumors that import prices for non-dutiable Southeast Asian PPBC cargoes have fallen to as low as $870/ton while we believe that this price is still too high to compete with domestic prices. We are not active in the market for now as we are out of stocks.”
Import prices for both dutiable and non-dutiable PP block copolymer injection prices in China fell $60/ton week over week to be quoted at $880-950/ton CFR China, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount