Import PPBC prices post steep declines in China
A trader based in Hong Kong reported receiving an offer for Thai PP block copolymer at $900/ton CFR, cash. “PPBC prices have seen steep declines this week and are now trading close to par with homo-PP prices. Most buyers are meeting their needs from the domestic market rather than the import market these days owing to the strong dollar. We believe that PP prices still have room to decline given the comfortable gap between spot propylene and PP prices,” the trader stated.
Another trader added, “We have heard rumors that import prices for non-dutiable Southeast Asian PPBC cargoes have fallen to as low as $870/ton while we believe that this price is still too high to compete with domestic prices. We are not active in the market for now as we are out of stocks.”
Import prices for both dutiable and non-dutiable PP block copolymer injection prices in China fell $60/ton week over week to be quoted at $880-950/ton CFR China, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns