Import PS prices move lower in SEA
Meanwhile, an agent of a Taiwanese producer also reported that their supplier has lowered PS prices to the regional markets by $10/ton for GPPS to $1570/ton and by $30/ton for HIPS to $1620-1630/ton, all on a CIF SEA, cash basis. The distributor commented, “Prices are down as demand is still sluggish while upstream markets are not supporting the sellers’ hands. We are not feeling optimistic about the near-term outlook and expecting to see some further reductions.”
In Southeast Asia, import PS prices are currently standing at $1570-1620/ton for GPPS injection and at $1620-1720/ton for HIPS injection, all on a CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will European PP, PE markets take a break from firming trend in June?
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe