Import PS prices move lower in SEA
Meanwhile, an agent of a Taiwanese producer also reported that their supplier has lowered PS prices to the regional markets by $10/ton for GPPS to $1570/ton and by $30/ton for HIPS to $1620-1630/ton, all on a CIF SEA, cash basis. The distributor commented, “Prices are down as demand is still sluggish while upstream markets are not supporting the sellers’ hands. We are not feeling optimistic about the near-term outlook and expecting to see some further reductions.”
In Southeast Asia, import PS prices are currently standing at $1570-1620/ton for GPPS injection and at $1620-1720/ton for HIPS injection, all on a CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia
- Sept expectations voiced in Europe; ABS draws rosier picture than PS