Import PVC prices move higher in Vietnam
Another PVC compounder reported receiving offers at $830/ton CIF for Chinese material and at $850/ton for Japanese cargoes. “We received offers from two of our regular suppliers with increases. We may purchase a larger than normal amount of material this month as demand is healthy while availability is a bit tight,” the compounder commented.
Another buyer said that they received offers for Japanese PVC with a $40/ton increase at $850/ton CIF, cash. “We are trying to negotiate with the supplier, but they have not replied to our counter bids yet. We are waiting to receive new offers from the local market and we expect to see some increases from domestic suppliers in line with firming import trends,” the buyer reported.
Import PVC prices currently stand at $830-860/ton CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis while offers for Chinese acetylene based PVC are reported at $780-820/ton with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe