Import PVC sees limited buying interest in Europe
In Italy, US k70 was dealt at €860/ton DDP, including 6.5% customs duty, 60 days. This deal level is stable compared to last week when a buyer reported receiving July offers for the same material with rollovers from June. Another buyer was offered US k70 at a quite competitive level of €800/ton on a DDP basis last week, but this level wasn’t repeated.
A converter in Germany, however, was offered US k58 at €800/ton DDP, including 6.5% customs duty, 60 days deferred payment this week, which is an indication that US PVC offers at the €800/ton threshold haven’t fully disappeared from the market.
For Mexican cargoes, a compounder in Italy received k58 offers with rollovers from June at €830/ton DDP, 60 days. Last week, some offers and done deals were reported for Mexican origins with late August delivery at €780/ton for k67 and at €790/ton for k58, k64-65 and k70 on a CIF, 60 days deferred payment basis. These levels, which are unchanged from June, come to around €825/ton for k67 and to €835/ton for specialty grades when adjusted to a DDP basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm