Import PVC sees limited buying interest in Europe
In Italy, US k70 was dealt at €860/ton DDP, including 6.5% customs duty, 60 days. This deal level is stable compared to last week when a buyer reported receiving July offers for the same material with rollovers from June. Another buyer was offered US k70 at a quite competitive level of €800/ton on a DDP basis last week, but this level wasn’t repeated.
A converter in Germany, however, was offered US k58 at €800/ton DDP, including 6.5% customs duty, 60 days deferred payment this week, which is an indication that US PVC offers at the €800/ton threshold haven’t fully disappeared from the market.
For Mexican cargoes, a compounder in Italy received k58 offers with rollovers from June at €830/ton DDP, 60 days. Last week, some offers and done deals were reported for Mexican origins with late August delivery at €780/ton for k67 and at €790/ton for k58, k64-65 and k70 on a CIF, 60 days deferred payment basis. These levels, which are unchanged from June, come to around €825/ton for k67 and to €835/ton for specialty grades when adjusted to a DDP basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open post-Eid period with a cautious tone
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?