Import US PE shows up in Europe
A trader in Germany sold US HDPE blow moulding at €1320/ton DDP, including 6.5% customs duty, 60 days. The seller reported seeing quite good demand while adding that he is doing back to back business. The lowest local HDPE blow moulding offer captured in Germany was €1350/ton on an FD basis this week.
In Italy, a buyer purchased US HDPE film at €1300/ton DDP, including 6.5% customs duty, 60 days, considering the European offers he received to be too high. The lowest HDPE film offer available in the local market was at €1320/ton on an FD basis, which was also reported for locally-held US material.
Another converter bought US HDPE blow moulding for May delivery at €1200/ton on a CIF Italy, subject to 6.5% customs duty, 60 days. This level comes to around €1250/ton when adjusted to a DDP basis with re-export documents.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs
- China gears up for new PP start-ups in H2 2019