Import and local PP, PE prices for June announced in Nigeria, Kenya
The domestic producer’s new prices remained at NGN485,000/ton ($1348/ton) for HDPE film, NGN465,000/ton ($1293/ton) for LLDPE film, NGN484,000/ton ($1346/ton) for HDPE b/m and at NGN470,000/ton ($1307/ton) for HDPE inj.; NGN552,000/ton ($1535/ton) for homo PP raffia, NGN546,000/ton ($1518/ton) for homo PP inj., and at NGN568,000-574,000/ton ($1580-1596/ton) for PPBC inj., all on ex Port Harcourt City, cash not including 5% VAT.
In Kenya, a Saudi major announced decreases ranging between $10/ton and $40/ton when compared to last month amid ample supply and slower-than-usual demand.
Accordingly, the Saudi major’s new offers stood at $1150-1170/ton for HDPE film, $1070-1080/ton for LLDPE c4 film, $1120-1130/ton for HDPE b/m, $1150/ton for LDPE film, and at $1180-1190/ton PP raffia and inj., all on CFR Mombasa, Kenya, 90 days basis.
Meanwhile, the latest prices from two different Middle Eastern producers were at $1190/ton for HDPE film, $1140/ton for LDPE film, and at $1200/ton for PP raffia and inj., with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high