Import homo-PP prices break below $1400/ton in Vietnam
A distributor stated that their Middle Eastern supplier implemented a further discount of $30/ton on their homo-PP raffia and injection offers which are now standing at $1380/ton CIF Vietnam, cash. He said, “We are still uncertain whether to make a purchase at this level.”
A second distributor reported that their Middle Eastern supplier has adjusted their homo-PP raffia and injection offers down to $1380/ton CIF, cash after they purchased at the $1410/ton level. The distributor commented, “We are not purchasing large quantities as prices are falling. We feel that the market may continue to see further drops in the coming term.”
A trader based in Singapore reported concluding homo-PP raffia and injection deals in Vietnam at $1390/ton CIF, cash. The seller stated, “Our initial offer was standing at $1440/ton CIF, cash. After negotiations, we agreed to give $50/ton decreases in order to conclude deals.” Meanwhile, a converter in Vietnam stated that they purchased some Singaporean homo-PP cargoes at $1390/ton CIF, cash. The buyer commented, “We found this level to be attractive and purchased around 200 tons of materials. We are buying on need-only basis nowadays due to the weaker international markets.”
In Vietnam, overall import homo-PP raffia and injection prices are currently standing at $1380-1520/ton CIF Vietnam, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high