Import homo-PP prices break below $800/ton in China
A trader operating in Xiamen reported offering homo-PP raffia for a Russian origin at $790/ton on a CFR China, cash basis. He commented, “Demand is quite subdued as buyers are reluctant to purchase beyond their immediate needs due to their expectations for additional reductions. We are also hesitant to build any extra stocks as we feel that it is risky to replenish at the moment as the decreasing trend is likely to continue over the short term.”
In China, overall import homo-PP raffia and injection prices are currently reported at $790-860/ton on a CFR, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Activity pick-up sends Asian spot C3 market into recovery mode
- Total polymer imports to EU28 hit record high in 2019
- March PE expectations in Turkey weighed by new capacities, cooling demand
- PP prices hit 4-year low in China as demand remains minimal
- Taiwanese major’s March PVC offers to Asia up despite virus fears
- Virus-impacted demand inflicts toll on Vietnam's PE market
- HDPE fails to track firmer trend of LD, LLDPE in Europe
- China’s ABS market on soft path dragged by subdued demand
- Softening trend prevails in SEA PP market as virus fears dampen sentiment
- Chinese producers cut PET offers further amid coronavirus outbreak