Import homo-PP prices see further declines in China
On the Dalian Commodity Exchange, May PP futures closed slightly higher on Tuesday at CNY7188/ton ($1002/ton without VAT). Week over week, May PP futures are down CNY409/ton ($67/ton).
A trader based in Shantou reported receiving offers at $1000/ton CFR, cash for Iranian raffia while adding that they also received offers for Saudi Arabian and Indian cargoes at $1030/ton CFR, 90 days. “Prices have been steadily declining since the holidays and most buyers are reluctant to place orders as they expect to see further reductions in the days ahead. We do not expect to see any real improvement in demand over the short term,” the trader commented.
Another trader said that they received offers at $1000/ton CFR, cash for Iranian homo-PP and at $1030-1040/ton with the same terms for Saudi Arabian material. “We do not expect to see any real turnaround in the market until after the Chinese New Year holidays in late February,” the trader stated.
Import prices for dutiable homo-PP injection and raffia cargoes are down $30-130/ton from the previous week to be quoted at $1000-1067/ton CFR China, cash equivalent basis, with the steepest declines being recorded at the top end of the range.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia
- Sept expectations voiced in Europe; ABS draws rosier picture than PS