Import homo PP raffia trades almost at par with fibre in Turkey
In the meantime, the delta between homo PP fibre and raffia has melted down due to a number of conditions in the import market, although fibre prices are expected to carry a small premium of around $20-30/ton over raffia under balanced market conditions. According to ChemOrbis Price Wizard, average PP fibre prices have even moved slightly under raffia recently after this premium grew as much as $60-70/ton in the past one year.
When it comes to the reasons behind this situation, first and foremost, sellers have been seeing better demand for their September PP raffia cargos than fibre grade. “Many fibre converters secured their needs right before leaving the market for the long holidays at the end of August. Another reason behind the calm fibre demand appears seasonal,” traders concurred.
A large scaled homo PP consumer in Turkey affirmed, “End markets are performing better for PP raffia nowadays as it is the high season for sack manufacturers. On the other hand, carpet manufacturers are mostly covered, and the persisting warm weather conditions and the fading wedding season weigh down on the carpet sector.”
A large trader stated, “We already sold out our limited Saudi Arabian raffia and fibre allocation at almost the same prices for this month. Our sales for raffia were smoother than for fibre in tandem with the fact that raffia supply is tight given the lack of certain sources. On the other hand, prompt fibre supplies in warehouses are said to be sufficient.”
In the last few days, some traders reported facing issues regarding the consulate approval for Iranian origins. Similarly, a player opined that the lack of Egyptian source in the raffia market in the recent couple of months has resulted in reduced availability since it was supplying around 5,000 tons of material per month at competitive prices to Turkey.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import LDPE, LLDPE prices almost back at par with ethylene in China
- Turkish players voice early PP, PE expectations for November
- Thin buying cushions impact of PVC shutdowns across Europe
- China’s PP market makes a strong start to post-holiday period
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread narrows to 3-year low
- Local PVC markets plunge in India, Southeast Asia
- PE sustains soft path in October across Africa, Mid-East
- Will propylene hike be reflected on European PP?
- US PE sellers continue to target SE Asia as trade war with China escalates
- Spot ethylene hits 14-month low in Asia, Europe despite crude rally