Import, local PP, PE prices surface in UAE for May
In the import market, overall prices were pegged at $1130/ton for PP raffia and injection, at $1270-1300/ton for LDPE film, at $1240-1300/ton for HDPE film, at $1320/ton for HDPE injection and at $1340/ton for LLDPE film on a CIF Dubai, United Arab Emirates, 90 days deferred payment basis.
Meanwhile, the local Emirati producer’s new PP raffia and injection offers were pegged at $1070/ton on an FD Dubai, United Arab Emirates, cash basis for the month of May.
An Emirati converter commented, “Middle Eastern producers lifted their May prices, pointing to their limited availability. Meanwhile, overall demand performs well in the market. We see good demand towards our end products and we believe that better performing end product markets are another factor that supports the firming trend.”
Meanwhile, another converter said, “We could only obtain HDPE film prices from our Middle Eastern suppliers while there is around a $60/ton gap between the HDPE film offers of these two Middle Eastern producers. Regarding our end products, we see normal demand.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand