Increase in EU car registrations slows in June
Across the region, the largest increase was seen in Italy (12.9%) and Spain (6.5%). However, the UK and Germany posted decreases of 4.8% and 3.5%, respectively.
The data also showed that the new car registrations in the first half of the year rose by 4.7% on the year to reach more than 8,000,000 units. Among the major markets, Italy posted the biggest growth (8.9%), followed by Spain (7.1%), Germany (3.1%), and France (3%).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September