India announces incentives after cash ban
In addition, after the Prime Minister called for banks to increase lending for the poor, State Bank of India announced that it will reduce lending rates by 90 basis points, which is expected to improve credit growth and private investment, the reports revealed.
Narendra Modi had announced that the government would remove 500 and 1,000 rupee notes (approximately £6 and £12) from circulation on November 8 for the purpose of combating corruption, black-market trade and tax evasion after which many Indians who face cash flow problems panicked and waited in long bank queues to exchange their high-value banknotes.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years