India mulls over up to $20 billion energy investment in Iran
The minister stated that Indian companies are weighing opportunities such as exploring for oil and gas and building petrochemical plants in Iran, adding that crude oil imports could also be increased under good circumstances. Meanwhile, Iranian oil minister Bijan Zanganeh expressed that India is currently importing around 350,000 barrels per day of Iranian oil.
In early February, Iran had asked India to pay its pending oil debt of over $6 billion in euros as Iran would not be able to receive transactions through the US financial system due to sanctions.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East