India not going ahead with COVID tax on polymers
“We are pleased to inform you that we have been able to convince the Department of Chemicals and Petrochemicals to maintain the status quo and not to recommend any increase in import duty on polymers,” the All India Plastics Manufacturers’ Association (AIPMA) said in a note.
AIPMA had instead made a request to restrict the import of plastics finished goods from China and was successful in this regard.
In the note, AIPMA added “We are delighted to inform you that based on our request, MInistry of MSME (micro, small and medium enterprises) has recommended MInistry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India, to ban import of plastics finished goods from China.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PS follows SM lower in Sept, ABS flat on tightness
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe
- Import PVC prices near all-time highs in India, disparity with China/SEA grows
- PP, PE supplies rise in China; demand lags behind expectations despite peak season
- Stats: China’s July PE imports increase after 3 months of declines
- Will Asia’s PS markets follow ABS higher on cost support?