India plans housing boom to boost growth
Housing had reportedly been growing at the fastest pace ever before the nation’s currency was demonetized and the high value banknotes, which correspond to 86% of all cash in the country, were banned in November 2016. Although home sales had dipped following the cash ban decision, it has recently shown signs of recovery with sales in 19 cities jumping by 19% in Q1 of 2017 after a drop of 20% in the previous quarter.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia
- Sept expectations voiced in Europe; ABS draws rosier picture than PS