India plans housing boom to boost growth
Housing had reportedly been growing at the fastest pace ever before the nation’s currency was demonetized and the high value banknotes, which correspond to 86% of all cash in the country, were banned in November 2016. Although home sales had dipped following the cash ban decision, it has recently shown signs of recovery with sales in 19 cities jumping by 19% in Q1 of 2017 after a drop of 20% in the previous quarter.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years