India plans housing boom to boost growth
Housing had reportedly been growing at the fastest pace ever before the nation’s currency was demonetized and the high value banknotes, which correspond to 86% of all cash in the country, were banned in November 2016. Although home sales had dipped following the cash ban decision, it has recently shown signs of recovery with sales in 19 cities jumping by 19% in Q1 of 2017 after a drop of 20% in the previous quarter.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China PP price uptrend intact after holidays despite local supply pressure
- Saudi PP, PE markets reverse course in Feb after 8 months, maintenance schedule busy in Mid-East
- Freight carriers aim to manage supply-demand balance by blanking more sailings
- PP and PE markets set to rebound from two-year lows in Europe
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey