India’s Assam Gas Cracker Project partially launched
Accordingly, the gas sweetening, C2+ recovery and PP units have started operations while the ethylene cracker and LLDPE /HDPE swing plants are expected to be completed within two months. The project is expected to have a production capacity of 220,000 tons/year of PE and 60,000 tons/year of PP.
Sources also stated the project had faced several delays prior to starting up. It was initially set to be completed in April 2012. The delays led to an increase in project costs, which rose to INR92.85 billion ($1.47 billion) from an initially planned INR54.6 billion ($864.9 million).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Premium of HDPE over LLDPE hits 16-month high in Turkey
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November
- Southeast Asia PET markets move sideways during China’s absence
- Egypt’s import PE market up on tight supply, domestic offers follow suit
- Will European PS, ABS track divergent paths for another month?