India’s Assam Gas Cracker Project partially launched
Accordingly, the gas sweetening, C2+ recovery and PP units have started operations while the ethylene cracker and LLDPE /HDPE swing plants are expected to be completed within two months. The project is expected to have a production capacity of 220,000 tons/year of PE and 60,000 tons/year of PP.
Sources also stated the project had faced several delays prior to starting up. It was initially set to be completed in April 2012. The delays led to an increase in project costs, which rose to INR92.85 billion ($1.47 billion) from an initially planned INR54.6 billion ($864.9 million).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets