India’s Bharat Petroleum to invest in Bina refinery
The investment value was reported at $4 billion while BCPL will initially spend $550 million for the expansion of the refinery. The company is currently able to process 6 million tons of oil per year while its capacity is set to increase to 7.8 million tons/year of oil by 2018. The remaining investment value, meanwhile, is slated to be spent for the second expansion phase of the refinery to increase the refinery’s capacity to 15 million tons/year within the next 5-6 years.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian polymer markets unfazed by crude oil rally
- India’s polymer demand slowly heals pandemic-inflicted wounds
- LDPE faces a tougher slog in Asia, Europe still on a tear
- Weakness extends to June in Saudi Arabian PP, PE markets
- European PP signals stabilization after 7 months of hikes
- Turkish plastic recycling market in deadlock–solution awaited on import waste ban
- Asia PVC markets decline to 3-month low as downturn fueled by June announcements
- Limited demand leads to further PP, PE declines in China; LDPE hits 6-month low
- African PP, PE markets soften into June
- European PS, ABS under pressure from upstream markets