India’s Gail Limited starts up new PE line
The new PE line has a production capacity of 400,000 tons/year and can produce both HDPE and LLDPE. This brings total production capacity at the Uttar Pradesh site to 8.1 mil tons/year.
With the new Unipol based swing plant, the PE output can meet the needs of various resin applications. The company will also find the opportunity to expand PE product capabilities and produce high quality, local resins for Indian PE converters as part of the government’s initiative, “Make in India”.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months
- Turkish PP and PE players voice bearish expectations for May
- China’s local homo-PP prices slide below imports
- Irregular PE origins emerge at competitive prices in Europe
- Mid-Eastern sellers backpedal in Africa on competitive PP, PE offers from Asia
- European PVC set to extend longest rising streak into May