India’s Gail Limited starts up new PE line
The new PE line has a production capacity of 400,000 tons/year and can produce both HDPE and LLDPE. This brings total production capacity at the Uttar Pradesh site to 8.1 mil tons/year.
With the new Unipol based swing plant, the PE output can meet the needs of various resin applications. The company will also find the opportunity to expand PE product capabilities and produce high quality, local resins for Indian PE converters as part of the government’s initiative, “Make in India”.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers