India’s Gail Limited starts up new PE line
The new PE line has a production capacity of 400,000 tons/year and can produce both HDPE and LLDPE. This brings total production capacity at the Uttar Pradesh site to 8.1 mil tons/year.
With the new Unipol based swing plant, the PE output can meet the needs of various resin applications. The company will also find the opportunity to expand PE product capabilities and produce high quality, local resins for Indian PE converters as part of the government’s initiative, “Make in India”.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years