India’s Gail Limited starts up new PE line
The new PE line has a production capacity of 400,000 tons/year and can produce both HDPE and LLDPE. This brings total production capacity at the Uttar Pradesh site to 8.1 mil tons/year.
With the new Unipol based swing plant, the PE output can meet the needs of various resin applications. The company will also find the opportunity to expand PE product capabilities and produce high quality, local resins for Indian PE converters as part of the government’s initiative, “Make in India”.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia