India’s Reliance, IOC to shut PX plants
Accordingly, IOC will shut its PX/PTA plant in Panipat at the beginning of July for 15 to 20 days. The plant, which was initially planned to be shut on June 29, has a production capacity of 553,000 tons/year of PTA while it can also produce 360,000 tons/year of PX.
Sources also reported that India’s Reliance is planning to shut its 1.8 million tons/year No 1 PX plant in Jamnagar, Gujarat by June 26 for about 18 days.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September