India's Reliance becomes top importer of US ethane in 2017
According to the company statement, Reliance is planning to import around 1.6 million tons of ethane from the US in the current fiscal year to replace natural gas and naphtha as a feedstock at its petrochemical plants. The company expects to increase its operating profit and naphtha exports as ethane is cheaper when compared to other feedstocks.
Reliance expects to add $300 million to its operating profit of the petrochemicals business for this year by using ethane while the company’s total naphtha exports are expected to rise by 500,000 tons/year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures