India’s Reliance launches new PET, PTA plants in Dahej
Via the commissioning of the new plants, Reliance’s PET capacity reportedly increased to 1.15 million tons/year while the company’s PTA capacity rose to 3.2 million tons/year.
The company stated that the new PET plant has one of the largest single location PET capacities globally. India is one of the fastest growing markets for PET packaging, with demand growing 15-20% annually, according to the Reliance’s statement.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic