India’s Reliance reports stronger Q4 profit
The reports revealed that the company’s standalone net profit, which indicates the company’s profit only in the refining, petrochemicals and oil and gas exploration businesses, increased to INR81.51 billion ($1.26 billion) in the fourth quarter from INR72.27 billion ($1.12 billion) from the same period of last year.
Analysts had expected the company’s profit to stand around INR80.10 billion ($1.24 billion).
Reliance’s stronger results were driven by improved margins in its core business. The company reported that its gross profit for processed crude was $11.5/bbl, a lot higher when compared to the same period of last year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP and PE markets set to rebound from two-year lows in Europe
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets