India’s economic growth accelerates from July to October
The country’s economic growth suggested a rebound from the previous quarter, when there was a sharp decrease to a three-year low. However, the 6.3% growth still fell short of the analysts’ expectations.
The Nikkei India manufacturing Purchasing Managers’ Index also rose to a 13-month high of 52.6 in November from last month’s 50.3 on the back of rising output, according to the reports. A reading above 50 indicates economic expansion, while a reading below that points to contraction.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP market starts to stabilize, will other polymers follow suit?
- Asian ethylene and propylene slide into steeper backwardation on demand, oversupply
- China PP, PE markets on nearly 3-month losing streak amid scant demand
- June PP, PE prices drop further on weakened activities in Egypt
- Europe’s PS, ABS markets come off peaks on plunging costs
- Asian polymer markets unfazed by crude oil rally
- India’s polymer demand slowly heals pandemic-inflicted wounds
- LDPE faces a tougher slog in Asia, Europe still on a tear
- Weakness extends to June in Saudi Arabian PP, PE markets
- European PP signals stabilization after 7 months of hikes