India’s economy grows 7.4% in Q2
The acceleration in growth was attributed to higher domestic demand and manufacturing activities as well as a drop in commodity prices, which resulted in cheaper imports of fuel and gold. India’s Q2 economic growth rate also outpaced that of China, whose economy grew 6.9% in the same period.
Meanwhile, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) held its key interest rates unchanged at 6.75% today. In September, the central bank had cut interest rates for the fourth time since the beginning of 2015 to a four-year low.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops