India’s economy grows 7.4% in Q2
The acceleration in growth was attributed to higher domestic demand and manufacturing activities as well as a drop in commodity prices, which resulted in cheaper imports of fuel and gold. India’s Q2 economic growth rate also outpaced that of China, whose economy grew 6.9% in the same period.
Meanwhile, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) held its key interest rates unchanged at 6.75% today. In September, the central bank had cut interest rates for the fourth time since the beginning of 2015 to a four-year low.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Bullish price environment continues in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Unexpected plant shutdown fails to cease local PP downturn in Indonesia
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?
- Caution reigns China PP market amid scant demand, low import supply
- Major producer leads way in higher April PP, PE pricing in Saudi Arabia
- European PVC set to rise for 11th month in April
- Suez Canal blockage: Global shipping faces another challenge
- Aggressive PP offers from China continue to find way to Turkey, Vietnam
- Stats: China’s total PE imports in Jan-Feb hit fresh record high