India’s economy grows 7.4% in Q2
The acceleration in growth was attributed to higher domestic demand and manufacturing activities as well as a drop in commodity prices, which resulted in cheaper imports of fuel and gold. India’s Q2 economic growth rate also outpaced that of China, whose economy grew 6.9% in the same period.
Meanwhile, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) held its key interest rates unchanged at 6.75% today. In September, the central bank had cut interest rates for the fourth time since the beginning of 2015 to a four-year low.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- March PE expectations in Turkey weighed by new capacities, cooling demand
- PP prices hit 4-year low in China as demand remains minimal
- Taiwanese major’s March PVC offers to Asia up despite virus fears
- Virus-impacted demand inflicts toll on Vietnam's PE market
- HDPE fails to track firmer trend of LD, LLDPE in Europe
- China’s ABS market on soft path dragged by subdued demand
- Softening trend prevails in SEA PP market as virus fears dampen sentiment
- Chinese producers cut PET offers further amid coronavirus outbreak
- Oil and petchem companies’ earnings hit by falling margins in 2019
- Will February PP hikes prove workable in Europe?